Kota Man Dies After Family Members Unplug Ventilator To Plug In Cooler

Kota Man Dies After Family Members Unplug Ventilator To Plug In Cooler

The physician stated motion could be taken in opposition to whoever is discovered accountable within the probe report.

Kota:

A 40-year-old man died at a authorities hospital in Kota after his members of the family allegedly unplugged the ventilator he was on to plug in an air cooler.

He was suspected to be affected by COVID-19 and admitted at ICU within the Maharao Bhim Singh (MBS) Hospital on June 13. His take a look at report, nevertheless, got here unfavourable later.

Hospital authorities stated a three-member committee will probe the incident.

The person was shifted to an isolation ward on June 15 as a security measure after one other affected person within the ICU examined constructive for the illness.

Because it was very popular within the isolation ward, his members of the family purchased an air cooler the identical day. On discovering no socket for the cooler, they allegedly unplugged the ventilator however nearly half-an-hour later, the ventilator ran out of energy.

The instantly knowledgeable medical doctors and medical workers, who administered CPR upon the affected person, however he died.

Hospital superintendent Dr Naveen Saxena stated the committee comprising the deputy superintendent, nursing superintendent and chief medical officer on responsibility will probe the incident and submit the report on Saturday.

The committee has recorded statements of medical workers within the isolation ward however the members of the family of the affected person will not be responding to the panel, he alleged.

The physician stated motion could be taken in opposition to whoever is discovered accountable within the probe report.

Hospital deputy superintendent Dr Sameer Tandon refused to touch upon findings by the committee citing {that a} probe was underway.

The isolation ward is furnished with a medical station with 4-5 medical workers and a resident physician on responsibility.

The members of the family allegedly didn’t search permission to plug within the cooler and when the affected person died, they “misbehaved” with the medical workers and the resident physician on responsibility, the hospital authorities stated. 

(Aside from the headline, this story has not been edited by NDTV workers and is printed from a syndicated feed.)

Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back To Top