Honda Vehicles India just lately revealed that the brand new era Honda Metropolis sedan will probably be launched in India in July 2020. Aside from this info, the carmaker additionally revealed options, powertrain, fuel-efficiency figures of the sedan forward of its launch. The automobile was anticipated to reach in March this 12 months, but it surely acquired delayed to the coronavirus pandemic. Now, the carmaker is all set to formally launch the brand new era Metropolis within the nation. Right here are some things you want to know in regards to the new era Honda Metropolis sedan.
1. The brand new-generation Honda Metropolis sports activities a brand new elegant design, which is straightaway lifted from the Civic and Accord sedans. The sedan seems sporty within the daring new look, and greater when it comes to dimensions. The general size of the sedan has been elevated by 109mm which now stands at 4,549 mm. The width and top of the automobile even have been elevated by 53 mm and 6 mm measuring 1,748 mm and 1,489 mm respectively. The wheelbase of the sedan stays untouched at 2,600 mm.
2. Characteristic-wise, the 2020 Honda Metropolis will probably be provided with an 8-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto compatibility. It’s going to additionally get a 7-inch digital show for the instrument cluster, ambient lighting, one-touch begin/cease, keyless entry, distant engine begin, electrical sunroof, all auto energy home windows, rear sunshade, steering mounted paddle-shifters, auto headlamps and follow-me-home lights. It’s going to India’s first automobile to function Alexa distant compatibility, which can also be the trade’s first.
Additionally Learn: New-Era Honda Metropolis Specs Formally Revealed Forward Of Launch In July
3. The fifth-generation Honda Metropolis will probably be provided with a alternative of BS6 compliant petrol and diesel powertrain choices. The petrol unit will probably be a 1.5-litre i-VTEC unit able to making 119 bhp and 145 Nm of energy figures. The diesel engine, however, will probably be 1.5-litre i-DTEC unit tuned to 99 bhp and 200 Nm. Transmission duties will embody 6-speed guide gearbox as normal together with an non-obligatory CVT unit.
4. It makes use of superior excessive power tensile metal physique providing higher rigidity, security and secure using. The sedan will probably be geared up with six airbags, Car Stability Help, Agile Dealing with Help, Hill Begin, Tyre Stress Monitoring System (TPMS), Honda Lone Watch digital camera, ISOFIX suitable rear seats, ABS with EBD, Brake Help, multi-angle rear digital camera, and extra.
5. When launched, the brand new Honda Metropolis will compete in opposition to the rivals such because the Volkswagen Vento, Hyundai Verna, Skoda Fast, Maruti Suzuki Ciaz and Toyota Yaris. The sedan is predicted to be priced from ₹ 11 lakh (ex-showroom).